Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
The story of this compilation begins with a decades old myth; the "mystery singer" on a 10" acetate demo played to Elvis by Sam Phillips in June of 1954. Phillips, who was unable to ascertain the name of the singer, asked Elvis to sing the song as a debut record. The young, unknown Elvis was daunted by the performance. After attempting to record the song, Elvis felt he could not do it justice, and went on to record “That's All Right”. The demo's existence became an urban myth. The singer was finally identified as Jimmy Sweeney in early 2017 by writer Chris Kennedy, whose suspicions were confirmed by multiple sources, including Jimmy's daughter Eugenia. Sweeney’s masterpiece will finally be released under his own name on this compilation. In addition to that demo song, “Without You”, the album features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public.
1. “Without You” - Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Deep Blues” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 3. “I Pay With Every Breath” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 4. “It Wouldn’t Be The Same (Without You) “- The Varieteers 5. “Desire” - Jimmy Sweeney 6. “Danny Boy” - Jimmy Destry 7. “Don’t Come In Here” – Varieteers 8. “Tobacco Road” - Jimmy Sweeney
1. “Gonna Find My Sweetheart “- Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Flippity Flop”- Jimmy Sweeney 3. “Sick, Sick, Sick” - Jim Sweeney 4. “She Wears My Ring” - Jimmy Bell 5. “Where You Lead Me” - Jim Sweeney 6.”Lunch In A Bucket” - Jimmy Bell 7. “Afraid” - Jim Sweeney 8. “What’cha Gonna Do About Me” - Jimmy Bell 9. “Deacon Brown” - Jimmy Sweeney
Recorded live from their “Hey, I’m Just Like You” Tour. Includes exclusive versions of Tegan and Sara favorites on limited edition purple splatter vinyl.
SOFI TUKKER is the genre-defying duo of Sophie Hawley-Weld and Tucker Halpern celebrated for their inclusive and global perspective on electronic music and their work's themes of liberation, unity, and self-empowerment. The Dancing On The People EP (with three bonus tracks) is a collection of songs in English, Portuguese, and Spanish that expand Sofi Tukker’s global and inclusive vision of dance music with songs full of adventurous ideas and joy. Issued as a digital only release on September 20th, this first time vinyl release of the EP and for the bonus tracks as well, includes their collaboration with ZHU "Mi Rumba", and EP track remixes by Mahmut Orhan & R3HAB.
1. "Swing” 2. “Playa Grande” with Bomba Estereo 3. “Purple Hat” 4. “Ringless” 5. “Fantasy”
1. "Like This" 2. “Mi Rumba” 3. “Swing (Mahmut Orhan Remix)” 4. “Fantasy (R3HAB Remix)”
New Vinyl: $10.98 Buy
Breakthrough Masked Country Artist Orville Peck joins Paul Cauthen for two jukebox classics. As The Unrighteous Brothers, the duo of hardcore troubadours make an updated classic that showcases both artists' booming baritone. Produced by Butch Walker and Beau Bedford, the songs were cut in Nashville at the legendary RCA Studio A. Available for the first time on any physical format.
Unchained Melody / You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin
Kickin presents Hi Tide Groove, DJ's Choice 1969 - 1981, a collection of Hi Records singles from the famous (Al Green and Ann Peebles) to the obscure (Africano and Jean Plum). Released for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g colored vinyl.
1. Larry "T-Byrd" Gordon “Contact Off Funk”, 2. Al Green “Love Ritual”, 3. Ann Peebles “Come To Mama”, 4. Syl Johnson “The Love You Left Behind”, 5. Ann Peebles “Somebody's On Your Case”, 6. O.V. Wright “Into Something (Can't Shake Loose)”, 7. Veneice “Stepchild”, 8. Ann Peebles “Slipped, Tripped and Fell In Love”, 9. Africano “Satisfactorize Your Mind”, 10. Africano “Open Your Hearts Pts. 1&2”, 11. Majik “Back Into Your Heart”, 12. Al Green “Full of Fire”, 13. Bobby McClure “She's Miss Wonderful”, 14. George Jackson “Let Them Know You Care”, 15. Phillip Mitchell “Little Things”, 16. Jean Plum “Look At That Boy”, 17. Ann Peebles “It's Your Thing”, 18. Al Green “Get Back Baby”, 19. Willie Mitchell “My Babe”, 20. Ann Peebles “I Don't Lend My Man”, 21.Iota “Love Come Weekend”, 22. Odyssey “No One Else Pts. 1&2”, 23. Donna Rhodes “Where's Your Love Been”, 24. Jean Plum “Pour On The Loving”, 25. Ann Peebles featuring Don Bryant “Man Belle-Amour”
Penned by Emmy winner Lena Waithe and helmed by Grammy Award winner Melina Matsoukas in her feature directorial debut, Queen & Slim premiered last fall to critical and commercial acclaim. The accompanying multi-genre soundtrack, released by Motown, is now on vinyl for the first time for Record Store Day. Showcases a range of talent across Black artists. Including classic songs by Roy Ayers, Bilal X Raphael Saadiq, and others as well as new music from Lauryn Hill, Megan Thee Stallion, BJ the Chicago Kid, Vince Staples, Burna Boy, Lil Baby, Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG.
LP1 / SIDE A
1. Megan Thee Stallion feat. VickeeLo - Ride Or Die, 2. Bilal feat. Raphael Saadiq - Soul Sista (Remix), 3. Vince Staples Feat. 6lack & Mereba - Yo Love, 4. Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG – Collide
LP1 / SIDE B
1. Syd - Getting Late, 2. Mike Jones feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall - Still Tippin', 3. Coast Contra feat. BJ The Chicago Kid - Queen x Slim, 4. Choker – Frame
LP2 / SIDE A
1. Lil Baby - Catch The Sun, 2. Roy Ayers - Searching, 3. Ms. Lauryn Hill - Guarding The Gates, 4. Burna Boy - My Money, My Baby
LP2 / SIDE B
1. Cedes Benz - The-Dream, 2. Little Freddie King - Standin' At Yo Door (Live), 3. Blood Orange feat. Ian Isiah & Jason Arce - Runnin’ Away, 4. Moses Sumney - Doomed
Including 13 tracks, this sixth volume of the ‘Psyché France’ collection is a new tribute to the mavericks and lost heroes of the 1960s and 70s French music scene.
1. Gilbert Deflez / L'agonie 2:20, 2. Jean -Yves Liévaux / Cheval de Troie 3:05, 3. Edwige / Mon rêve certain 2:35, 4. Albin / Chante dans ma maison 2:34, 5. Patrick Roche /Révolution, qui dira ta couleur 3:22, 6. Présence / Dis -moi si... ! 4:10, 7. Serge Koolenn & Joëlle / Je rêve 3:27
1. Isabelle /Ne me parlez plus de l'amour 2:53, 2. Marco / Monte sur le toit 2:56, 3. Gilbert Deflez / Le perroquet 03:37, 4. René Vallère / Coupe de cristal peint 3:51, 5. Richard Lable /À pas démesurément lents 2:48, 6. Igor Wakhévitch /Beginning of Peter's Journey 3:18
This Are Two Tone was the first Two Tone Records compilation, and features singles by The Specials, Madness, The Selecter, The Beat, The Bodysnatchers, Rhoda Daker and The Swinging Cats. This half-speed master LP is part of the Two Tone Records 40th Anniversary celebrations and is the first vinyl repress of the compilation since its original release in 1983.
1. THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Gangsters” 2. MADNESS “Madness” 3. THE SELECTER “On My Radio” 4. THE BEAT “Tears of a Clown” 5. THE SPECIALS “A Message to You Rudy” 6. THE SELECTER “Too Much Pressure” 7. THE BODYSNATCHERS “Too Experienced” 8. THE BEAT “Ranking Full Stop” 9. THE SPECIALS “Too Much Too Young”
1. THE SELECTER “The Selecter” 2. THE SPECIALS “Stereotype” 3. THE SWINGING CATS “Mantovani” 4. THE SPECIALS “Do Nothing” 5. RICO & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “Jungle Music” 6. RHODA & THE SPECIAL A.K.A. “The Boiler” 7. THE SPECIALS “Ghost Town”
A loving tribute to Wilco from the November issue of Uncut magazine, this collection comprises 19 Wilco covers recorded by notable artists such as Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile, Sharon Van Etten, Low, Cate Le Bon and Parquet Courts, including one previously released version of “Jesus, Etc.” by Norah Jones’ band Puss N Boots and one recently unearthed (but never released) cover of “Casino Queen” by Billy F Gibbons of ZZ Top fame. There is not a weak moment on this album and many outstanding ones. Sure to appeal to the rabid Wilco fan base the CD which accompanied the magazine sold out quickly and is no longer available.
1. Cate Le Bon - Company In My Back, 2. Parquet Courts - I Got Drugs (At The End Of The Century), 3. Courtney Barnett - Dawned On Me, 4. Whitney - Far Far Away, 5. Kurt Vile - Passenger Side, 6. Low - War On War, 7. Ohmme - Kicking Television, 8. Mountain Man - You and I, 9. Ryley Walker - Love Is Everywhere (Beware), 10. Jen Cloher - Impossible Germany, 11. James Elkington - Black Moon, 12. Sharon Von Etten - Radio Cure, 13. Liam Kazar - Sunloathe, 14. Kacy & Clayton - How to Fight Loneliness, 15. Puss N Boots - Jesus Etc., 16. The Handsome Family - Capitol City, 17. Twin Peaks - Spiders (Kidsmoke), 18. Yo La Tengo - If I Ever Was A Child, 19. Billy F Gibbons - Casino Queen
First time on vinyl – The album features special guests: Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Bryson Tiller, Jeremih, 6LACK and more.
Vinyl includes the exclusive track “Special” featuring Bizness Boi, ADÉ, and AUGUST 08. Pressed on limited red vinyl.
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Hank Williams’ complete 1951 March Of Dimes performance on 10” red vinyl. Its first release on vinyl, with a new restoration and mastering of the 16” radio transcription disc. Features five songs, including “Lovesick Blues” and his then-current hit, “Moanin’ The Blues.” The disc also includes a solo track by Audrey Williams and a dual narrative on a Luke The Drifter track, plus a rare PSA read by Hank about Infantile Paralysis.
Produced by Cheryl Pawelski with restoration and mastering by Michael Graves. Together, they earned a 2015 Best Historical Album Grammy award for their work on Hank Williams The Garden Spot Programs, 1950.
1) Lovesick Blues 1:37, 2) Moanin’ The Blues 3:21, 3) There’s A Bluebird On Your Windowsill
1) Hank Talks About Infantile Paralysis, 2) Help Me Understand 3:06
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
Würm was formed in 1973 by bass player Chuck Dukowski, who would later join Black Flag. Inspired by the retrospective album, Exhumed, which was released for Black Friday 2018, Würm is now reuniting! They have recorded their first new tracks in nearly 40 years for this Record Store Day exclusive 7" vinyl release.
"Poison" / "Zero Sum"
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano